Vivo just introduced limited IPL Edition version of the V5 Plus smartphone that was launched earlier this year. It was launched by Bollywood actress Soha Ali Khan along with Rahul Johri, CEO of BCCI. It has the same specifications as the V5 Plus, including 20-megapixel front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 1/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and an 8-megapixel secondary font-facing camera for capturing depth information. It comes in Matte Black finish and has Vivo IPL logo etched on the back.
The new edition has been announced to mark the ten years of Indian Premier League (IPL).
Vivo V5 Plus specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD In-Cell display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Funtouch OS 3.0 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF
- 20MP front-facing camera with Moonlight Flash, Sony IMX376 1/2.78″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 5p lens, secondary 8MP front camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4376 audio chip
- Dimensions: 152.58 x 74 x 7.26mm; Weight: 158.6g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3160mAh battery with fast charging
The Vivo V5 Plus IPL Limited Edition smartphone will be available from April 10th on Flipkart as well as retail stores and Vivo exclusive stores. Pricing will be announced on the same day.
Vivek Jahang, CMO,Vivo India said in a statement,
We are proud to introduce the Vivo V5 Plus IPL Limited Edition on the 10th anniversary of the IPL. The idea behind the launch of limited edition phone was to offer consumers with not just the phone but an experience they can cherish for a life time. We have given strictest attention to the design and feel of the phone and our focus is to offer exclusive experience to the cricket crazy audience. We are hopeful that the limited edition V5Plus phones will draw huge attention from the audience.
Rahul Johri, CEO, BCCI said,
We are delighted that Vivo India has launched a limited edition Vivo IPL phone to mark the 10th year of IPL. Our vision to excite and inspire fans is represented by IPL’s success on the pitch and Vivo’s success off it. Vivo came on board last year to become a title sponsor on the premier Twenty20 competition in the world and it has been a mutually rewarding association since then.